Last updated: September 25, 2023
What Are Cookies
A cookie is a small text file that is sent to and stored on your computer or other internet connected device to identify your browser or store information. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work in a better, more effective and efficient manner by providing analytics insights.
First and third party cookies: Whether a cookie is first or third party refers to the domain placing the cookie. First-party cookies are those set by a website that is being visited by the user at the time (e.g., cookies placed by by.ertan.me).
Third party cookies: Are cookies that are set by a domain other than that of the website being visited by the user. If a user visits a website and another entity sets a cookie through that website, this would be a third party cookie.
Persistent cookies: These cookies remain on a user’s device for the period of time specified in the cookie. They are activated each time that the user visits the website that created that particular cookie.
Session cookies: These cookies allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Session cookies are created temporarily.
Information We Obtain Through Cookies
Types Of Cookies We Use and Why
The cookies used on the Site are categorized as follows:
- Strictly necessary
Strictly necessary cookies let you move around the Site and use essential features. Without these cookies, we may not be able to provide services that you have requested through the Site.
We may use these strictly necessary cookies to:
- Identify you as being logged in to the Site
- Enable you to submit information via online forms such as registration and feedback forms
Accepting these cookies may be a condition of using the Site, so if you prevent these cookies, we cannot guarantee your use of the Site.
Performance cookies collect information about how you use the Site, e.g., which pages you visit, whether you experience any errors, etc. These cookies do not collect any information that could identify you and is only used to help us improve how the Site works, understand the interests of our users, and measure whether our content is effective.
We may use performance cookies to provide aggregate statistics about the use of the Site. Some of our performance cookies may be managed for us by third parties.
Accepting these cookies may be a condition of using the Site, so if you prevent them, we cannot guarantee how the Site will perform for you.
Functionality cookies are used to provide services or to remember settings to improve your visit. These cookies are placed on your device if the related functionality is used.
We may use functionality cookies to:
- Remember settings you have applied
- Keep you logged in to the Site
- Store your preference to hide notices on subsequent visits
Targeting cookies may be used to track your visit to the Site and other websites, including the pages that you have visited and the links that you have followed, which allows third parties to display targeted ads to you on the websites you visit.
We and our third party service providers may use targeting cookies to:
- Provide third parties with information on your visit so that they can present you with advertisements or other offers that may be of interest to you
- Help us and our third party service providers identify other devices that you use (e.g., a mobile phone, tablet, other computer, etc.) to serve targeted advertising on your devices
Third Party Cookies We Use
- Google Analytics: http://www.google.com/privacy/ads
- Google Fonts: http://www.google.com/privacy/ads
- Google Tag Manager: http://www.google.com/privacy/ads
- Google AdWords Conversion Tracking & Retargeting: http://www.google.com/privacy/ads
- DoubleClick by Google: http://www.google.com/privacy/ads
- YouTube: http://www.google.com/privacy/ads
- Twitter: https://business.twitter.com/en/help/ads-policies/other-policy-requirements/interest-based-opt-out-policy.html
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/answer/62931/manage-advertising-preferences?lang=en
- SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/pages/privacy
- Gravatar: https://automattic.com/privacy/
- MailChimp: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
How You Can Manage Cookies
You can stop cookies from being downloaded to your device at any time by selecting the appropriate settings in your browser. Most browsers will tell you how to change your browser settings, to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated, or to block certain types or all cookies. Please consult the settings menu of your browser for more information or visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
If you are in the EU, you may opt-out of certain third party cookies that we and other websites may use for targeting through http://www.youronlinechoices.eu or www.aboutads.info. Opting out of advertising cookies will not remove advertising from the pages you visit; instead it means the ads you will see may not be matched to your interests.
If you make updates to your browser or device settings, or use an online link to opt out of advertising cookies, those updates apply to the device where you made the changes. Please note that by disabling or blocking any or all cookies, some features of the Site may not operate as intended, or you may not have access to certain features or personalization settings.